The 10 Minute Showing Drill
You may receive a call requesting a showing in the next ten minutes. The
decision to allow the prospective buyers in is yours. If you elect to cooperate
with the showing, the following punch list may help:
- Sound - Turn off the television. Soft classical musical is okay, but some
people find it distracting.
- Sight - Turn on overly light in the house - day and night. Every window
covering should be open (unless the view is unattractive).
- Smell - Heat a pan on the stove and drop in a few drops of vanilla
- Kitchen - Make sure dirty dishes are out of sight
- Bathrooms - Close toilet lids.
- Living/Family rooms - Hide clutter, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Bedrooms - Make the beds, donít use the closet as a hiding place - try
underneath the bed.
- Exterior - Keep the walkway clear, put away trashcans and toys.
- Children & Pets Outside - You too! Let the Realtor sell your home. If
you are there the buyer may feel uncomfortable voicing objections and their
Agent wonít be able to respond to these objections.